MENU

About SCCS

Sandusky Central Catholic School was formed from the 2003 merger of Sandusky’s three Catholic schools; Holy Angels, Sts. Peter and Paul and St. Mary.   SCCS continues the church’s educational tradition in Sandusky that began in 1902 when the Reverend Joseph S. Widman founded St. Mary Central Catholic High School which was located at the present high school building.  Twenty-five students were enrolled at St. Mary  that first year.  A two-year program was offered with commercial courses for vocational skills in order for students to later assume positions in the business community.

Beginning in the fall of 1920, freshmen and sophomore classwork in the classic and scientific areas was introduced.  In 1923-24, the year of the first four-year graduating class, St. Mary’s High School received a charter from the Ohio Dept. of Education.  It is the second oldest school in the Diocese of Toledo.  Prior to 1902, no Catholic post-elementary education was available in the Sandusky area.

SMCC offers over 80 individual courses within its 12 academic departments.  Courses include Advanced Placement and Honors in Science, Math, Social Studies and English. Students can now earn college credits for some courses offered by SMCC.

 

© 2004-2017 Intrafinity Corporation